Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympic Geocaching

Looks like my Geocaching friend Pa(MaKiKi) is a little bit annoyed by my latest escapade.... 10 caches in one day (a record) over a 30Km bike ride. Even more suprising was that Fi came along for the day and appeared to enjoy the experience. Although my hands were dirtier than hers at the end of the day, she had more blood to show for it. Provided the current disgusting weather clears up I'll be going for a new record at the weekend. I've got a nice ride planned! Can't keep this up for too long though as I need to start training for the upcoming time-trials. I appear to have put on some weight recently so some fat-burning is definately the order of the day.

Tonight I'm staying in Nyon on Lac LĂ©man, just outside of Geneva. Unfortunately this is definately a Geocaching dead-zone, so no chance to pick up any points this evening. Perhaps I'll just go to the bar instead......

Stop Press: More praise for Fabian Cancellara after gaining a Gold for Switzerland in the Mens TT. Even better, Emma Pooley got Silver in the womens event for team GB. A just reward after working her t**ts off for Nicole Cooke in the road race!

I read on CyclingNews.com that the French recon they will whip team GB in the velodrome.... just because it has a French name? Oooh la la.... let's see shall we?

1 comment:

Lollo said...

Hi Steve
I wasn't annoyed so much, it was more meant to be a friendly poke in the ribs ;-) (although it would be fun also to beat you for a little while...Ooohm, patience, Oooohm...). The main thing though is not the number of caches, but that you two had fun while finding them; and that's worth more than beating you on numbers!
And yes, Fabian did a great job and so did the Swiss girl for bronze!
cu
Lorenz
Psst: BTW we don't talk about Roger tonight, okay?!?