Sunday, May 3, 2009

New and Forthcoming Arrivals

I'm pleased to announce that after a long wait, Fi is pregnant (with child, blooming, up the duff, or whatever other way you would like me to put it). Certainly great news and food for thought.... if there were any food left in the house after Fi ate it all! So, there will be some lifechanges ahead which I have been assured will be wonderful, and frankly I can't wait until October! By some coincidence Fi's sister is also pregnant with only a three week difference in due date (sounds like supply chain.... 9 month lead time...). Fi and baby are doing fine so far, despite other issues going on around that I won't mention here. Actually, I'm really proud of how Fi is handling it all with much less panick than me.....

Personally, I'm getting quite excited and have already been checking out baby trailers for the bike. Perhaps I should also invest in a "long vehicle" sign for when it's dangling from the back of the tandem (at least that far back only Fi will hear it screaming). I don't like to refer to the baby as "it" so currently it is known either as "bump" or "squeaker"..... although perhaps we should call it "jaffa cake" based on Fi's current diet. Amazingly we have already decided on names so all we need to know now is squeakers sex...

So what about the new arrival? Yes, I have another bike in the stable. Finally got around to building up my Pinarello with a very nice Campy Super Record 11 speed group. Really, I should be out on it now, instead of writing about it..... but it rained yesterday and there are bound to be damp patches under the trees. It will be MTB instead today.

I am now more sure than ever that pulling out of the Gigathlon was a good idea. Since then my opportunities to ride have been narrowed down by work travels. It's quite a shame though. I've only made it out with the cycling club once this year. Never mind... I've entered a work team for "Bike to Work" month in June... OK, I'll be travelling most of June but the rest of the team can make up for me (just like work - LOL).

1 comment:

She Who Digs said...

Many congratulations Steve & Fiona! Hope everything goes smoothly for you. You will never again have so much spare time as you do now- so spend it wisely. (Pamper Fiona- she deserves it!)
Sarah