Thursday, May 1, 2008

Spring Update - Part 2

So I went out with the VC Zeiningen evening ride on Tuesday..... and I'm still recovering! I don't know how much of the lie-in ths morning was a result of staying up to watch Chelsea win in the Champions League Semi-Final last night though.....

The club ride started easily enough, but as soon as the group climbed out of Zeiningen, a few guys went to the front and Hubi from the bike shop asked if I was coming too. I jumped on the line and then spent the next two hours definately on the limit. We did at least 800m of climbing in a combination of long climbs and short, steep walls. Although I had a problem to maintain contact on the longer climbs (to Hubi's 50 year old amusement) I had a really good time and won the sprint into Weggentstetten jus to prove their is some life left in me. If all the rides are going to be like that, who needs racing?

Yesterday was definately a rest day, so Fi and I went to the Beyler Institute to take in some culture (plenty of Picasso's and the like) and have a nice lunch. Today we are going off to central Switzerland in the car..... taking our bikes for a nice easy ride.

No comments: