Sunday, July 27, 2008

Allez Carlos

As I sit watching the closing 30KM of the Tour de France on the telly, I have to say that I'm pleased to see Carlos Sastre has finally won one of cyclings monuments (well provided he get's across the line). The attacks are now starting and it's got me thinking about the hard week coming up when when my sister comes to visit. It will be hard because Steve D will be coming too which means that I will be getting in some hard hilly kilometers. Still I've got some routes plans, all of which have at least a 1000m of climbing so he should enjoy them. Hopefully it won't be as bad as last time he came over..... I had to resort to the road bike while he rode the MTB!

Still, I'm a bit nervous since, for one reason and another, I've been neglecting my training and giving the PlayStation more attention than I should. In summer too! What is that is so attractive about beating people up with a baseball bat? Lucky I can seperate the virtual world from reality.... well I hope! Fi and I spent a couple of weeks in the high mountains which, I have to say was a disaster for cycling. I didn't realize that the medication would have such a drastic effect to my ability to process oxygen at over 1500m. It's a good thing that I had a triple chain set, but a shame that even a 30x25 was to big at times.

Other than that our June holiday was great, although we didn't help global warming as "Little Brum" just needed to be thrashed over the passes. We did have to pick our roads carefully as mny were already full of summer traffic. Thankfully the motorhome muppets hadn't quite got going in June so we were spared the frustration of sitting behind these underpowered dinosaurs.

So, I guess there will be another party in Spain tonight, following Euro 2008, Giro d'Italia, Wimbledon...... The Olympics are coming, what will the achieve there? Good for them or all this winning. Definately good for them for beating Germany in the footy. There were some quiet people in the office the next day ;-))

Oh well, I'm going back to the garden to enjoy 30°C and cold glass of Rivella. Allez Carlos!

No comments: