Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2008 - End of Year Review

So, the end of the year is nearly upon us. Only 5 more days left in the office and a whole heap of work to get through. But, I'm not going to let that stress me out. After all, there are more interesting things to think about, like the upcoming festivities and the winter snow.

I think it's fair to say that 2008 will be remembered for mainly the wrong reasons. It's certainly not been the easiest of years, although after starting the year in intensive care, I think that things have had a generally positive trend. Personally, there have been some really positive things:

1/ I discovered the "off" button on my Blackberry.... although I seem to have lost it again recently. I must work on that....

2/ I was promoted at work and Fiona has a positive career trend too.

3/ We had a couple of great holidays. Majorca seems a long time ago now and our holiday in Italy also a distant memory. But, definately great times!

4/ The difficult personal situation this year has really brought Fi and I even closer together (if that is possible). Without each other and our close friends I don't know how we would have got through the year.

5/ We have re-discovered many lost friends and relatives this year. It's heartening to know that people remember us.... and still want to be in contact.

6/ I won a bike race! So a 100% win rate :-))

7/ I broke all my geocaching records.

8/ Germany didn't win Euro 2008 (sorry German friends)!

I am not gong to dwell on the negatives so I'm looking forward to 2009 with anticipation. We already know that it isn't going to be an easy year, but I think we will come through it stronger on the back of our experiences this year. Actions plans are almost formulated to ensure we both get things back on track..... and it's a Gigathlon year again.

Hopefully this won't be my last blog entry this year, however, just in case, I would like to wish all of you a really happy festive season and a good start to 2009.

Also, a special thanks to our friends the Fluck's and the Curle's whom without we would probably not have made it through 2008 without such success.

2 comments:

Lollo said...

Hi Steve & Fiona
thanks for mentioning us: we're honoured! We love to be your friends (if I had a Facebook account I could "hug" you there now...) also because you've made it easy for us: you've always kept up good spirit all through the difficult year, when others would've let go of themselves.
Thanks for being here and being who you are!

consigliere tom said...

Hi Fiona & Steve,

I am happy for You that by the end of the year everything looks much better than you have expected when the year started.

And with all that you have achieved in 2008, I am pretty confident that 2009 will be even a more successful any happier year for you.

Have a joyful festive season and a good and healthy New Year.

Take care and all the best,
Thomas